Millwrighting & Utility Rigging Services for Branford, CT; Narragansett, RI; and Boston, MA
Industrial utility rigging and millwrighting services provide the special handling and expertise to move and align your most sensitive and powerful equipment to within the most exacting tolerances. Since change in most industries today is constant and rapid, maintaining efficiency and competitiveness requires the frequent installation or relocation of sophisticated equipment and machinery.
Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman's highly trained technicians use advanced technology for speed and precision. From power generation to manufacturing, the company's staff works on projects of varying size and complexity to match your needs. Through their experience, they understand the importance of keeping your facility up and running and operating at peak efficiency. Blakeslee's rigging and millwrighting services are supported by in-house engineering that provides sole-source responsibility, cost-effective solutions, and fast response.
We're proud to offer our services to the Branford, CT; Springfield & Boston, MA areas. Call us today!
- Energizer Schick
- Niantic River Bridge
- Gas Turbine Power Plant
- PSEG Bridgeport Harbor Station
- PSEG New Haven Harbor Station
Energizer SchickMilford, CT
Service that BAC has provided throughout the years includes rigging and installing mold machines, skidding and crating of machines for shipping overseas, rigging equipment of all types throughout the plant, warehousing of equipment, and emergency service support.
Niantic River BridgeAMTRAK
East Lyme, CT
BAC replaced all open gearing on this rolling bridge with enclosed gearboxes, new driveshafts, and bearings. Accommodating AMTRAK's schedule, BAC worked off sectional barges to avoid blocking the channel.
Gas Turbine Power PlantMilford Power
BAC supervised crews for Black & Veatch for complete assembly of both steam turbines, alignments of turbine to generator, and generator-to-gas turbine. Field conditions required reworking many components and laser alignment of all motors and pumps.
PSEG Bridgeport Harbor StationBridgeport, CT
The Bridgeport Harbor Station is a coal and oil-fired electric generation station with a capacity of 553 megawatts that regularly relies on BAC for maintenance and plant outage services. Services provided there throughout the years include:
- Structural and mechanical repairs to the coal handling equipment
- Rebuilding the saltwater recirculation pumps
- Repairing the precipitator hopper valves
- Replacing heaters in the 7-million-gallon oil tanks
- Installing new travelling water screen units
- Rigging equipment of all types throughout plant & and motor arrangement
PSEG New Haven Harbor StationNew Haven, CT
Rebuild of saltwater circulation pump and replacement of outer column tubes.
- Emergency & Scheduled Outage Support
- Emergency & Scheduled Shutdown Support
- Equipment Overhauls
- Long & Short-Term Plant Maintenance
- On-Call Services for Temporary Bridges Relocation
- Precision Optical Machinery Alignments & Leveling
- Barge Transport
- Laser Coupling Alignments
- Movable Bridge Repairs
- Power Plant Shutdown Service
- Warehousing of Equipment & Spares
- Transformer Installation & Removal
- Associated X-Ray Corporation
- Avery Abrasives, Inc.
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Black & Veatch, Inc.
- Buckingham Routh Company
- City of Greenwich, CT
- City of New Haven, CT
- CYRO Industries
- CYTEC Industries
- Donwall Corporation
- Ducci Electric
- Duke Energy Generating Services
- ExxonMobil Chemical Corp.
- General Electric Company
- Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Mattabassett District Water Pollution Control Facility
- Metropolitan District Commission (MDC)
- NRG Energy, Inc.
- O & G Industries, Inc.
- Parallax, Inc.
- Philip Services Corporation
- PSEG Power LLC
- Shaw Stone & Webster
- Walter D. Sullivan Co., Inc.
- Transtar Metals
- The United Illuminating Company
- Whitney Mechanical Services, Inc.
- Wisvest Corporation
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Yale University