Bridge Rigging; Utility Rigging; and Millwrighting Services
for Branford, CT & the Surrounding Areas
With the energy and utility industries in full swing, high-voltage power systems and facilities are expanding across the area. This growth requires heavy equipment to be lifted and moved as operational components are assembled onsite. With industrial utility rigging and millwrighting services, your equipment will be moved and aligned to your exact specifications. Change in these industries happens quickly and constantly; if you need utility rigging and millwrighting service, it's important to trust a company with plenty of experience in the heavy construction field so you can be sure your job will be completed quickly, safely, and as planned.
Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman's highly trained technicians use advanced technology for speed and precision. From power generation to manufacturing, our staff works on heavy and underpinning construction projects of varying size and complexity to match your needs. With our experience, we understand how important it is to keep your facility operating at peak efficiency. Our engineered construction services can be used in utility facilities, bridge rigging, marine construction, and more. Our rigging and millwrighting services are supported by in-house engineering that provides sole-source responsibility, cost-effective solutions, and fast response.
We're proud to offer millwrighting services, utility rigging, and bridge rigging to clients throughout the Branford, CT; Bridgeport, CT; Hartford, CT; New Haven, CT; Milford, CT; Long Island, NY; Providence, RI; Narragansett, RI; Worchester, MA; and Springfield, MA; areas. Contact our pile driving contractor today to discuss your project needs in greater detail!
Browse examples of heavy construction projects we have completed throughout the region! We use the safest utility rigging and millwrighting procedures to ensure a safe job site while operating efficiently.
- Energizer Schick
- Niantic River Bridge
- Gas Turbine Power Plant
- PSEG Bridgeport Harbor Station
- PSEG New Haven Harbor Station
Energizer SchickMilford, CT
Service that BAC has provided throughout the years includes rigging and installing mold machines, skidding and crating of machines for shipping overseas, rigging equipment of all types throughout the plant, warehousing of equipment, and emergency service support.
Niantic River BridgeAMTRAK
East Lyme, CT
As part of this river bridge construction project, BAC replaced all open gearing on this rolling bridge with enclosed gearboxes, new driveshafts, and bearings. Accommodating AMTRAK's schedule, BAC worked off sectional barges to avoid blocking the channel.
Gas Turbine Power PlantMilford Power
BAC supervised crews for Black & Veatch for complete assembly of both steam turbines, alignments of turbine to generator, and generator-to-gas turbine. Field conditions required reworking many components and laser alignment of all motors and pumps.
PSEG Bridgeport Harbor StationBridgeport, CT
The Bridgeport Harbor Station is a coal and oil-fired electric generation station with a capacity of 553 megawatts that regularly relies on BAC for maintenance and plant outage services. Services provided there throughout the years include:
- Structural and mechanical repairs to the coal handling equipment
- Rebuilding the saltwater recirculation pumps
- Repairing the precipitator hopper valves
- Replacing heaters in the 7-million-gallon oil tanks
- Installing new travelling water screen units
- Rigging equipment of all types throughout plant & and motor arrangement
PSEG New Haven Harbor StationNew Haven, CT
Rebuild of saltwater circulation pump and replacement of outer column tubes.
- Emergency & Scheduled Outage Support
- Emergency & Scheduled Shutdown Support
- Equipment Overhauls
- Long & Short-Term Plant Maintenance
- On-Call Services for Temporary Bridges Relocation
- Precision Optical Machinery Alignments & Leveling
- Barge Transport
- Laser Coupling Alignments
- Movable Bridge Repairs
- Power Plant Shutdown Service
- Warehousing of Equipment & Spares
- Transformer Installation & Removal
- Associated X-Ray Corporation
- Avery Abrasives, Inc.
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Black & Veatch, Inc.
- Buckingham Routh Company
- City of Greenwich, CT
- City of New Haven, CT
- CYRO Industries
- CYTEC Industries
- Donwall Corporation
- Ducci Electric
- Duke Energy Generating Services
- ExxonMobil Chemical Corp.
- General Electric Company
- Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Mattabassett District Water Pollution Control Facility
- Metropolitan District Commission (MDC)
- NRG Energy, Inc.
- O & G Industries, Inc.
- Parallax, Inc.
- Philip Services Corporation
- PSEG Power LLC
- Shaw Stone & Webster
- Walter D. Sullivan Co., Inc.
- Transtar Metals
- The United Illuminating Company
- Whitney Mechanical Services, Inc.
- Wisvest Corporation
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Yale University